Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September-October Challenge DAY 1

It has begun.

I stepped on the scale this morning and recorded my starting weight for the challenge. Then, I gave myself a hug and told myself that we could fix it.

The number on the scale was a little disappointing, though not unexpected. While some of you hopped back on the health wagon in advance of the challenge, I spent the last couple of weeks saying goodbye to all my favourite foods. I had a proper wake for peanut butter cups.

So needless to say, the scale is a little higher than it should be but that's why we're here, right? We're going to fix this weight thing and we're going to do it together. Who's with me!?!

I'm logging onto Weight Watchers this morning (for the first time in a long time). I'm not sure what to do as a workout though. It's going to be really hot for the next couple of days, then it's due to cool off. I might have to phone in the workout for a couple of days. I'll do something though.

I hope lots of people jumped on the scale today to get their starting weight. Don't tell me what the scale said, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on your starting point. Were you relieved by what the scale said or were you a little disappointed?

4 comments:

  1. slightly disappointed, since the last couple of weeks my weight had steadily been decreasing. but i reminded myself that 2 pounds up really isn't a big deal since i've lost 5 in the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Weight fluctuates a little sometimes - even when we're doing the right things. As long as you're trending down, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke and I are going away to my dad's trailer this weekend so we are gonna start this on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete